The versatility and durability of decorative concrete makes it one of the most suitable surfaces for a multitude of environments.
And just as each environment is different, so too are the concrete sealers that are required. Consideration should be given to the look you want to achieve, location, abrasion and chemical resistance, maintenance limitations, site access challenges and slip resistance.
As a long term leading supplier to the industry, CCS are very familiar with these requirements. We are continually researching, testing, modifying and adding concrete sealers to our range – to meet the ever changing needs of the concrete industry throughout Australia and overseas.
Why Seal Coloured Concrete?
- Dramatically improves the appearance of concrete by adding luster and richness. Natural finishes are available as an alternative
- Protects decorative concrete from the harsh Australian weather
- Resists the marking effects of dirt, grime, salt, moss and oils
- Makes concrete much easier to wash and clean
- Seals the pores in the concrete to restrict flow of lime to the surface
The above photo demonstrates the difference between an unsealed (right hand side) and sealed section (left hand side) of the same concrete surface after several years of weathering. The sealed section of the concrete remains clean after many years whereas the unsealed section (with the pen) is dirty due to the accumulation of grime and dust.