When choosing an appropriate CCS sealer for your projects, there may be a number of factors that you may wish to consider.
- Aesthetics or ‘the look’ – some CCS sealers offer a natural appearance like unsealed concrete or stone. Other CCS sealers offer colour enhancement in gloss, semi gloss and satin.
- Slip resistance – CCS penetrative sealers will not impact on the surface whilst other CCS film forming sealers will change the surface texture.
- Budget – CCS offer a range of sealer with different product costs. Typically a more durable sealer will cost more in product cost initially but will require a greater period of time prior to re-coating
- Durability – In applications where there are high volumes of traffic, a more durable sealer is generally preferred. Urethanes, Polyaspartics and Epoxies are the more durable film forming coatings compared with Acrylics. Penetrative sealers by nature also offer an extended period before re-coating is required.
- Odour – Low odour/Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) are desired by many property owners including commercial environment such as shopping centres, hospitality and retail as well as many residential owners completing renovations. CCS offer a range of water based, low odour sealers for these applications as well as sealers suitable for Green Star projects.
- Construction challenges – working around other trades can be a challenge as can handover times and red soil. CCS can offer advise on choosing a sealer that works in with the specific site challenges of your project.
Please touch base with one of our friendly technical sales team or the CCS Helpline who can guide you through sealer section for your project.